Compounded Thyroid - How to Start the Conversation with Your Provider (Live Webinar)
The webinar was live on April 21st, 2022. If you enrolled in the live webinar, you can access the materials by logging in and clicking on the TAKE COURSE button.
Looking for the on-demand version? Access it here.
- Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
- Recall the importance of thyroid, its function, and the multifaceted presentation of low thyroid and its associated symptoms.
- Recognize key pharmacological differences between levothyroxine, liothyronine, and thyroid USP, and highlight their limitations such as in dosage forms/strengths, availability, and excipient ingredients.
- Explain how compounded thyroid can help overcome challenges associated with currently available thyroid treatments such as individualizing strengths, eliminating unwanted ingredients (e.g. lactose), and combination therapy.
- Identify provider outreach strategies to maximize provider awareness, knowledge, and confidence about compounded thyroid and its role in optimizing current therapeutic protocols and improving patient outcomes.
- Differentiate currently available thyroid treatments and recognize their limitations (e.g. dosage forms/strengths, availability, and excipient ingredients) as treatment protocols for low thyroid.
- Explain how compounded thyroid can overcome challenges associated with current thyroid treatments (e.g. individualized therapy, combination therapy).
- Identify ways to support conversations with healthcare providers to enhance awareness and confidence about compounded thyroid protocols.
|Processor||Single-core 1Ghz or higher||Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)|
This webinar is Copyright © Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding 2022.
Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
This CE Activity is accredited for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through CPE Consultants, LLC.
Total CPE Credits: 1 CPE Hour = 0.1 CEUs
|Credits||1 CPE Hour = 0.1 CEUs|
|Release Date||April 21, 2022|
|Expiration Date||April 21, 2025|
- Attend the live webinar in full (login and logout times will be recorded).
- Complete a learning assessment (minimum 80% passing grade, two attempts permitted) within 14 days.
- Submit a completed live event evaluation form online within 14 days.
When the aforementioned steps have been completed and approved:
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered in the United States will obtain a statement of completed credits on their NABP e-Profile within 60 days.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered elsewhere will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download a statement of participation.
- All participants will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download the LP3 Network certificate of completion.
|CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency.