Compounded Thyroid - How to Start the Conversation with Your Provider
April 21, 2022
- Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
- Recall the importance of thyroid, its function, and the multifaceted presentation of low thyroid and its associated symptoms.
- Recognize key pharmacological differences between levothyroxine, liothyronine, and thyroid USP, and highlight their limitations such as in dosage forms/strengths, availability, and excipient ingredients.
- Explain how compounded thyroid can help overcome challenges associated with currently available thyroid treatments such as individualizing strengths, eliminating unwanted ingredients (e.g. lactose), and combination therapy.
- Identify provider outreach strategies to maximize provider awareness, knowledge, and confidence about compounded thyroid and its role in optimizing current therapeutic protocols and improving patient outcomes.
- Differentiate currently available thyroid treatments and recognize their limitations (e.g. dosage forms/strengths, availability, and excipient ingredients) as treatment protocols for low thyroid.
- Explain how compounded thyroid can overcome challenges associated with current thyroid treatments (e.g. individualized therapy, combination therapy).
- Identify ways to support conversations with healthcare providers to enhance awareness and confidence about compounded thyroid protocols.
We will be using Zoom for this webinar - full system requirements can be found here. You can download the Zoom client here.
|Processor||Single-core 1Ghz or higher||Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)|
This webinar is Copyright © Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding 2022.
Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
This CE Activity is accredited for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through CPE Consultants, LLC.
Total CPE Credits: 1 CPE Hour = 0.1 CEUs
|Credits||1 CPE Hour = 0.1 CEUs|
|Release Date||April 21, 2022|
|Expiration Date||April 21, 2025|
- Attend the live webinar in full (login and logout times will be recorded).
- Complete a learning assessment (minimum 80% passing grade, two attempts permitted) within 14 days.
- Submit a completed live event evaluation form online within 14 days.
When the aforementioned steps have been completed and approved:
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered in the United States will obtain a statement of completed credits on their NABP e-Profile within 60 days.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered elsewhere will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download a statement of participation.
- All participants will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download the LP3 Network certificate of completion.
|CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency.
The webinar was live on April 21st, 2022. You can enroll in the on-demand version.