Aventura, FL – July 26-28, 2019
THE SCIENCE OF PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOUNDING: TECHNICIAN TRAINING
This course includes a home study component ($350 value) that serves as a prerequisite to the live activity. To review the full activity description of the home study component click here. To access your home study, click on the “Take Course” button in the Course Summary box.
This practice-based activity will provide the compounding technician with a strong foundation and skill set required to perform day-to-day activities surrounding the safe handling, management, and compounding of non-hazardous and hazardous medications. The practicing technician will relate dosage form composition to formulation preparatory procedures and techniques. Excipient function(s) and their impact on chemical composition, dosage form integrity, and suitability for a patient will be reviewed.
Relationships will be established between quality initiatives and System P (a compounding practice infrastructure, which include Personnel, Property, Procedure, Process, Preparation, and Patient). The value of thinking, and taking action, from the perspectives of quality, risk, and verification will also be explored. Standard operating procedure requirements and their associated recording logs and forms will be detailed. Meaningful interpretations, subsequent to data mining from logs and forms will be created, providing insight into the value of maintaining accurate and complete records. Technicians will establish and then evaluate facility designs for their workflow efficiencies. During this experience, the technician will gain knowledge and perception of when and where tasks and procedures should be performed.
Finally, the technician will work with and complete a master formulation record. These records will then be critiqued by others. This is a valuable exercise while working with one of the most important documents that technicians will follow and detail during their day-to-day activities within a non-sterile compounding practice.
Technicians new to non-sterile compounding.
- Support the detailed requirements necessary to build efficient and effective standard operating procedures to manage a non-sterile non-hazardous and/or non-sterile hazardous drug compounding practice.
- Support the quality, risk, and verification initiatives held by a compounding pharmacy as a foundation for excellence in support of the integrity of the compounding industry.
- Create relationships between control, perform, verify, and document against the six categories of System P: personnel, property, procedure, process, preparation, and patient.
- Value and evaluate the data from recordings from logs and forms related to standard operating procedures, a shared responsibility between pharmacist and technician.
- Assess workflow dynamics-related considerations, should the technician wish to make recommendations for change, as it applies to facility design requirements for non-hazardous and hazardous drug compounding.
- Construct relationships between routes of delivery, chemical composition, and preparatory procedures for non-sterile dosage forms, so as to gain an appreciation for the preparatory procedures and excipient requirements of a compounded medication.
- Support the transition from process development, to master formulation record, to compounding record through the use of a template designed to incorporate the parameters for all three formulation stages.
- Prepare a broad range of non-sterile dosage forms: hydro-alcoholic gels, lollipops, chewable treats for animals, capsules, troches, suppositories, and creams.
- Evaluate compounded dosage forms through the use of specific verification protocols in compliance with current standards of practice, including qualitative and quantitative performance measures.
This learning activity has received financial support from MEDISCA Inc. in the form of an educational grant.
The live activity workbook is copyright © 2016 LP3 Network.
The training will take place at our state-of-the-art Learning Center.
Driving/Parking Instructions: If you are planning to drive in directly to the facility, please use the map/directions link provided below. Limited free parking is available at our training facility* and the preferred hotel accommodation, which is conveniently located next door to the facility.
*Please note, in order to park at our training facility on Saturdays and Sundays, you must press the intercom button at the parking garage gate and mention that you are attending a training with LP3 Network; easiest access to the facility (Suite 300) is through the parking garage on the 4th floor.
The preferred hotel accommodation is the Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach Aventura.
For reservations, please call 1-888-871-3430 or to book online, click here. Please mention LP3 Network when booking to get our special group rate† of $99/night for a King room or $109/night for a double room (please check your registration email for the corporate rate code).
†Payment for hotel accommodations is at the expense of the activity participant. Rates are based on standard room accommodations and subject to availability and tax, currently at 12%. Should the preferred rate not be available, the best available house rate will prevail.
Facilitators for this session will be announced closer to the live date - please check back soon!
Note: Facilitators are subject to change.
|NEIL COHEN, BSc|
CE Program Developer
MARK FILOSI, BS Pharm, RPh
JOE CABALEIRO, BS Pharm, RPh
This activity is eligible for ACPE credits; please see the final activity announcement for further details.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
In the event that LP3 Network cancels a course, LP3 Network's sole liability shall be course repayment. In no event shall LP3 Network be responsible for any costs related to travel and/or accommodation. A written request must be sent to LP3 Network Inc. requesting ‘Cancellation without Transfer’ to an alternate live activity event date. If cancellation occurs at greater than or equal to 31 days from live activity event date, then registrant will receive a 75% refund; 15-30 days a 50% refund; and less than or equal to 14 days no refund. There are no refunds, returns, or transfer requests upon purchase of a home study, digital work book, webinar, and eLearning modules. LP3 NETWORK INC. shall be excused from any delay caused by reason of any occurrence or contingency beyond its reasonable control (a “Force Majeure”), including but not limited to, acts of God, hurricane, earthquake, labour disputes, strikes, riots, war, and governmental requirements. The obligation to pay money to LP3 NETWORK INC. in a timely manner is absolute and shall not be subject to this Force Majeure provision. In such event, LP3 NETWORK INC. will not issue any refunds, only transfer to an alternate live activity event date.
The transfer policy is only in effect if requested greater than or equal to 14 days prior to the original live activity date. Failure to submit the “Transfer Request” at least 14 days prior to the original live activity date will default to the “Cancellation and Refund Policy”. The transfer policy can only be applied one (1) time. Transfer to a new live activity date must be within the current calendar year. Failure to attend the new live activity will result in no refund and will no longer be transferable. Confirmation of the new activity date is subject to approval by LP3 Network based on the number of available seats within the selected live activity. There are no refunds, returns, or transfers upon purchase of the home study.