HVAC and Cleanroom Workflow (PFM On-demand)
One of the most important criteria for the success of a compliant sterile and/or nonsterile compounding room is the HVAC system. USP and ISO have minimum particle count classifications, as well as air changes per hour requirements which are foundational to certifying a cleanroom. Additionally, people and process generate heat and seasons change, all of which affect the performance for the HVAC system connected to the cleanroom. During this presentation, we will clearly define how to design an appropriate HVAC system, taking into account compounding workflow considerations.
- Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, & Pharmacy Owners
- Apply presented information to design a procedure concerning personal protective equipment used while handling hazardous drugs.
- Implement presented information to design a procedure for the cleaning areas exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Apply presented information to design a procedure for the disinfection of facilities devoted to the compounding of sterile preparations containing hazardous drugs.
- Recognize the rationale behind procedures concerning personal protective equipment used while handling hazardous drugs.
- Analyze the rationale behind procedures for the cleaning of areas exposed to hazardous drugs.
- Explain the rationale behind procedures for the disinfection of facilities devoted to the compounding of sterile preparations containing hazardous drugs.
Google Chrome (most recent 2 versions)
Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
Internet Explorer v11
Apple Safari (most recent 2 versions)
Microsoft Edge (most recent 2 versions)
Computer: 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
Mobile device: 3G or better (WiFi recommended)
No additional software needed
|2GB of RAM (minimum), 4GB or more of RAM (recommended)|
This webinar is Copyright © Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding 2021.
Bryan Prince, MBA
Bryan Prince, MBA, is the owner and lead consultant at Lab Red Pharmacy Consultants. His early career consisted of more than a decade in construction before moving to engineered containment where he served the pharmaceutical industry and now, the compounding industry. Since 2015, Bryan has designed and consulted on more than a hundred compounding pharmacies, working with owners, architects, engineers, and contractors.
Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
This CE Activity is accredited for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through CPE Consultants, LLC.
Total CPE Credits: 1 CPE Hour = 0.1 CEUs
|Credits||1 CPE Hour = 0.1 CEUs|
|Release Date||November 18, 2021|
|Expiration Date||November 18, 2024|
COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS FOR CLAIMING CREDITS
- View the recorded webinar in full.
- Pay the credit reporting fee of $10.00 USD.
- Complete a learning assessment (minimum 80% passing grade, two attempts permitted) within 60 days of enrollment.
- Submit a completed evaluation form online within 60 days of enrollment.
When the aforementioned steps have been completed and approved:
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered in the United States will obtain a statement of completed credits on their NABP e-Profile within 60 days.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered elsewhere will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download a statement of participation.
- All participants will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download the LP3 Network certificate of completion.
|CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency.
Please note: You can enroll in the course for free using the access code you were provided with, to get access to the slides and recording. The credit reporting fee of $10.00 USD only needs to be paid if you intend to claim credits. Upon payment, you will get access to the learning assessment and evaluation form, which must be completed to receive credits.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
There are no refunds, returns or transfers upon payment of the credit reporting fee.