Personalized Dermatology: Clinical and Cosmetic Care - On-demand Version
With over 1,000 skin conditions and many cosmetic therapies, dermatology is a multi-billion dollar industry that is projected to grow substantially in the next years. Serving as the interface between the body and the outside world, the skin not only performs vital protective and communicatory functions, but also plays a significant role in an individual’s cosmetic appeal. Considerable advancements in skin physiology knowledge, new research, and innovations in technology have led to many developments in dermatological treatments and greater insights on the individual variation and uniqueness of this organ. From naturally occurring between-person variations including skin structure, function, and composition depending on genetic makeup, to environmental exposure, age, ethnicity, and sex, the skin is particularly characterized by unique allergies, sensitivities, intolerances, and response to therapy. These individual variations dictate a person’s predisposition for and severity in expression of a variety of dermatologic conditions and response to treatment. Personalized dermatological solutions are warranted and in high demand.
Targeted to pharmacists, general practitioners, dermatologists and other healthcare providers looking to expand their repertoire in dermatology, this 2-day seminar explores personalized treatments for common dermatological conditions and opportunities in cosmetic care with focus on non-surgical topical therapy.
- Dermatitis, psoriasis, alopecia, wounds, scars, acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles – let’s get down to business!
- Safety, efficacy, and dosing data for 80+ ingredients
- 10+ cases, innovative solutions, and formulations
- Facilitated by not 1, but 2 internationally-recognized experts in clinical and cosmetic care: Aaron Sihota – Canadian Pharmacist and Clinical Instructor specializing in advanced dermatology and digital health technology – Lucas Portilho – International Speaker and Director of the Cosmetology Institute in São Paulo, Brazil with 20+ years of experience as a formulator and cosmetologist
Collaborate with healthcare providers across the globe from the comfort of your home with this interactive seminar designed to provide you the practical tools you need to take your dermatological care to the next level!
- Evaluate the trends, demands, needs, and challenges with current clinical and cosmetic dermatology and appraise the need for personalized solutions.
- Review the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical manifestation of dermatitis, psoriasis, alopecia, wounds, scars, acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles.
- Analyze peer-reviewed evidence on the safety, efficacy, and dosing of ingredients used in topical dermatological care for dermatitis, psoriasis, alopecia, wounds, scars, acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles.
- Evaluate patient case scenarios, investigate formulations, and determine appropriate treatment plans for specific patients, justifying active ingredient selection, dosage strength, dosage form, application and administration protocols, among more.
- Apply advanced knowledge of skin physiology and innovative research findings to optimize therapeutic approaches.
- Physicians (General Practitioners or Dermatologists)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Other healthcare provides engaged in dermatology
This learning activity has received financial support from MEDISCA Inc. in the form of an educational grant.
The live activity workbook is copyright © 2018-2020 LP3 Network.
AARON SIHOTA, BSc, BSc Pharm, RPh
Aaron Sihota is a primary care formulation pharmacist and a Clinical Instructor at the University of British Columbia (UBC) Faculty of Pharmacy. He is the co-creator of the an advanced elective course on Dermatology, Cosmeceuticals, and Topical Compounding at the UBC Faculty of Pharmacy Entry-to-Practice Doctor of Pharmacy program (PharmD). Aaron also has also been involved with teaching dermatology residents in British Columbia. He serves on the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) Dermatology Review Panel as an author and chapter reviewer for the Compendium of Therapeutics for Minor Ailments (CTMA), and he is a regular skincare columnist for the Pharmacy Practice + Business magazine. Aaron has collaborated with various skincare brands, including a Fortune 500 industry leader, around formulation development and education. Given his keen interest in fostering collaborative care between primary care practitioners and specialists, Aaron has coordinated and developed multiple accredited healthcare education programs and has delivered at several conferences across North America as well as Asia.
LUCAS PORTILHO, BS Pharm, MS
Lucas Portilho is a pharmacist and cosmetologist with extensive experience in cosmetics and formulation development from one of the leading places in cosmetology, São Paulo, Brazil. Mr. Portilho is the Chief Innovation Officer at Consulfarma Solutions and Scientific Director at Consulfarma Congress for Compounding Pharmacies, Brazil’s largest congress providing innovative solutions to compounding pharmacies. Mr. Portilho is also the Director and Professor at Cosmetology Institute in São Paulo, Research and Development Team Leader at Cosmetology Institute Laboratory, and Coordinator and Member of São Paulo’s Pharmacist Council.
Mr. Portilho has over 20 years of experience as a formulator for compounding pharmacies, cosmetic industries, and pharmaceutical industries. His technical skills include the research and development of skin care formulations and innovative product development. Mr. Portilho also coordinates international courses in formulation research and development in Brazil, Italy, France, Spain, and soon to be the United States!
|SHANNON BELLEVUE, MSc.|
Medical Editor & Communication Team Lead
This recorded seminar is accredited for Pharmacists by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through CPE Consultants, LLC.
Total CPE Credits: 16 CPE Hours = 1.6 CEUs
This activity is a recording from a live virtual seminar and those that claim credit for the live virtual seminar should not claim credit for this activity.
|CREDITS||16 CPE Hours = 1.6 CEUs|
|RELEASE DATE||July 27, 2020|
|EXPIRATION DATE||July 27, 2021|
- View the on-demand recording of the seminar.
- Complete a learning assessment (25 questions) with a passing grade of 70%.
- Submit a completed activity evaluation form online within 14 days.
When the aforementioned steps have been completed and approved:
- Pharmacists registered in the United States will obtain a statement of completed credits on their NABP e-Profile within 60 days.
- Pharmacists registered in Canada and elsewhere will receive a statement of completion by email within 60 days.
- All participants will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising participants that they can download the LP3 Network certificate.
|CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency.