Personalized Hormone Restoration Therapy: Advanced Clinical Practice | On-demand Version (recording from May 14, 2022)
1-day live virtual seminar (7 hours) that allows you to connect online, in real time, with healthcare providers across the globe and interact through open mic Q&A sessions, group discussions, polls, and online chats. Practically apply your knowledge through case assessments and leave the live event with a comprehensive manual containing sample patient charts, test results, dosing charts, and evidence-based medicine references that will assist with expanding your practice and optimizing therapeutic outcomes for your patients.
Extending on foundational concepts taught in LP3 Network’s two-day seminar “Personalized Hormone Restoration Therapy: The Fundamentals”, this course delves further into the clinical application and practice of personalized hormone restoration therapy. In this clinically based course, participants will be presented eight case studies that cover complex and unique hormone-related conditions and abnormalities, including:
- Estrogen metabolism issues
- End-stage adrenal dysfunction
- Gastrointestinal dysfunctions
- Food allergies
- Estrogen dominance
- Male hormone imbalance
For each case, participants will be asked to work through comprehensive and actual patient data, including, detailed symptom assessments, patient and family history, current and past interventions, hormone evaluations, methylation profiles, genetic testing, allergy panels, nutritional evaluations, and gastrointestinal profiles, among more. Patient data will also be presented over a timeline with repeat follow-ups, creating a real-life scenario for the healthcare provider to effectively and practically learn from. Participants will be encouraged to take an evidence-based approach by applying current clinical and peer-reviewed research to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of the hormonal abnormality. Through case studies and clinical evidence, participants will gain a strong appreciation for the therapeutic benefit of hormone restoration.
Pharmacists, physicians, naturopathic doctors, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers looking for an advanced clinical training in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Recommended to participants that successfully completed LP3 Network’s 2-day seminar, Personalized Hormone Restoration Therapy: The Fundamentals.
- Apply a functional and systems-oriented approach to assess causation of hormone abnormalities.
- Interpret comprehensive patient data including symptom reviews, medical history, past and current interventions, patient monitoring and follow-ups, and biological assays (e.g., salivary and urinary hormone evaluations, methylation and genetic profiles, nutritional evaluations, and gastrointestinal assays, among others) to appropriately diagnose and evaluate the root cause of the hormone condition.
- Utilize and apply fundamental concepts in endocrine physiology and pathology.
- Evaluate patient cases that cover complex hormone-related abnormalities, including issues with estrogen metabolism, end-stage adrenal dysfunctions, disruptions in enteroendocrine signaling and gastrointestinal functions, menopause, anxiety, food allergies, and male hormone imbalances.
- Formulate personalized treatment regimens tailored to patient-specific needs and hormonal condition.
- Integrate principles of pharmaceutical compounding to optimize and customize pharmacotherapy.
PHYSICIANS & NATUROPATHIC DOCTORS
- Review current and scientific evidence that discusses implications of estrogen metabolism, gastrointestinal dysfunction, gut-brain connection, and food allergies on hormonal health.
- Apply evidence-based medical approaches in the identification, diagnosis, and treatment of complex hormonal conditions.
- Interpret comprehensive patient data including symptom reviews, medical history, past and current interventions, patient monitoring and follow-ups, and biological assays (e.g., hormone evaluations, methylation and genetic profiles, nutritional evaluations, and gastrointestinal assays, among others) to appropriately diagnose and evaluate the root cause of the hormone condition.
Google Chrome (most recent 2 versions)
Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
Internet Explorer v11
Apple Safari (most recent 2 versions)
Microsoft Edge (most recent 2 versions)
Computer: 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
Mobile device: 3G or better (WiFi recommended)
No additional software needed
|2GB of RAM (minimum), 4GB or more of RAM (recommended)|
This learning activity has received financial support from MEDISCA Inc. in the form of an educational grant.
This CE Activity is Copyright © 2017-2022 LP3 Network.
|TARA D. SCOTT, MD, FACOG, FAAFM, ABOIM, NCMP|
Fellow of American College of OB/GYN; Advanced Fellow and certified in Anti-aging, Regenerative, and Functional Medicine; Board Certified, American Board of Integrative Medicine, Certified Menopause Practitioner, North American Menopause Society; Clinical Associate Professor of OB/GYN, Northeast Ohio Medical University; Chief Medical Officer, Revitalize Medical Group; Medical Director of Integrative Medicine, Summa Health Systems
Dr. Tara Scott graduated from Northeast Ohio University College of Medicine and completed her residency with Summa Health Systems at Akron City Hospital in Ohio. She recently retired from OB/GYN after almost 20 years to focus on functional and integrative medicine. She is a Clinical Associate Professor at Northeast Ohio Medical University, where she teaches residents and is involved in clinical research.
Dr. Scott is a certified menopause practitioner with the North American Menopause Society and a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She first became involved with hormone and integrative medicine while practicing as an OB/GYN. Her empathy for patients experiencing hormone-related issues led her to become trained as an advanced fellow and certified by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. The evidence-based practices she employed helped many patients conquer chronic wellness issues. She then started Revitalize Medical Group, where she serves as the Chief Medical Officer. In 2016, she obtained an additional board certification in Integrative Medicine. Recently, Dr. Scott was appointed as Medical Director for Summa Health in Akron, Ohio, where she will develop and run an Integrative Medicine program. Dr. Scott is passionate about educating the medical community on the advances in evidence-based hormone therapy. She lectures around the community to raise awareness about wellness and hormone balance.
|SHANNON BELLEVUE, BSc, MSc|
Medical Editor & Communication Team Lead
UNITED STATES & CANADA
This recorded seminar is accredited for Pharmacists by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through CPE Consultants, LLC.
Total CPE Credits: 7 CPE Hours = 0.7 CEUs
This activity is a recording from a live virtual seminar and those that claim credit for the live virtual seminar should not claim credit for this activity.
|CREDITS||7 CPE Hours = 0.7 CEUs|
|RELEASE DATE||May 14, 2022|
|EXPIRATION DATE||May 14, 2025|
- View the on-demand recording of the seminar, which will only be available for 90 days following your enrollment.
- Complete a learning assessment (25 questions) with a passing grade of 70%.
- Submit a completed activity evaluation form online.
*Important Note: Steps 2 and 3 (the on-demand learning assessment and on-demand evaluation) must be completed within 6 weeks of enrollment. After this time, you will no longer be able to claim credits for this activity.
When the aforementioned steps have been completed and approved:
- Pharmacists registered in the United States will obtain a statement of completed credits on their NABP e-Profile within 60 days.
- All other participants will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download the LP3 Network certificate.
CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education and complies with the Accreditation Standards for continuing education activities.
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency
PHYSICIANS AND OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
AMERICAN MEDICAL CREDITS
This program may be eligible for AMA PRA Category 2 CreditsTM. Physicians are advised to assess the program for applicability to their practice and may contact their State Medical Board on eligibility for AMA PRA Category 2 CreditsTM.
CANADIAN MEDICAL CREDITS
This activity has not been formally reviewed by the CFPC; however, it is eligible for non-certified credits. Mainpro+ participants may also earn additional certified credits by completing a Linking Learning exercise.
Other international participants should verify with their respective medical board for accreditation equivalency.