Labs On-Demand: Sterile Compounding
Labs On-Demand: Sterile Compounding is a convenient, self-paced, audiovisual experience for your sterile compounding needs, including in garbing of non-hazardous and hazardous personal protective equipment, cleanroom workflow, and aseptic techniques. With over 25 on-demand videos and over two hours of video recordings, Labs On-Demand for sterile compounding features a face-to-face dialogue with an experienced sterile compounding pharmacist, hand hygiene and washing, donning, doffing and gloving. It talks you through the activities performed in the anteroom, pre-sterilization room and buffer room of a state-of-the-art three-room cleanroom suite and the use of pass-throughs between these rooms. Aseptic manipulations are first presented in isolation for your ease of learning, quickly moving to a series of aseptic manipulations, and finishing with a complete compounded sterile preparation. Featured technologies include the syringe, needle, filter, vial, IV bag, dispensing system, sterility test by membrane filtration device, and more. Watch and learn or practice along with us as we perform these techniques. It’s the best way to learn!
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Learn how to don and doff personal protective equipment before entering and exiting the cleanroom
- Gain a broad scope understanding of workflow for the cleanroom environment
- Master the fine motor skills for individual aseptic manipulations
- Assemble a sets of aseptic manipulations to perform elements of preparatory procedures
- Elevate your skills to perform all the sequential steps in preparing a Compounded Sterile Preparation
|Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, and Opera|
|Mobile||Apple iPhones and iPads iOS 6+, Android phones and tablets 4.1+|
Earbuds/headphones or built-in/external speakers
This learning activity has received financial support from MEDISCA Inc. in the form of an educational grant.
This CE Activity is Copyright © 2023 LP3 Network.
Labs On-Demand Playlist
Cleanroom Workflow Videos
Proper Hygiene for the Cleanroom
Preparing Supplies for the Cleanroom
Donning Sterile Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Donning Sterile Gloves
Donning Additional PPE for Hazardous Drug Compounding
Workflow Principles and Practices for the Anteroom
Workflow Principles and Practices for the Pre-Sterilization Room
Powder Containment Hood
Transferring from Pre-Sterilization to Buffer Room
Workflow Principles and Practices for the Buffer Room
Workflow Principles and Practices for the ISO Class 5 Primary Engineering Control
Doffing Personal Protective Equipment
Aseptic Technique Videos
Sanitizing the Primary Engineering Control
Aseptic Techniques: Basic Principles
Closed System Transfer Device for Hazardous Drug Compounding
Fluid Dispensing Systems for Small Volume Fills
Aseptic Technique Skill Set Videos
Media-Fill Test from Non-Sterile Starting Ingredients
Filtration Sterilization into Open and Sealed Vials
Preparation for Simulation 1: Manipulating a 0.5 µm Filter Needle
Preparation for Simulation 2: Manipulating a Vented Needle
Preparation for Simulation 3: Manipulating 0.22 µm Disc Filters in Series
Preparation for Simulation 4: Manipulating an Extension Tube
Preparation for Simulation 5: Manipulating Air Pressure
Dispensing Systems and Sterility Testing by Membrane Filtration Method
Small Volume Hazardous Drug Compounding
Simulated CSP Video
Preparation of Aqueous-Based Injectable Solution from Non-Sterile Ingredients
|MICHAEL SHAFOR, BSc, Pharm D|
LP3 Network - Program Developer and Facilitator
Medisca Network - Consultant
BioClinical Infusion Services - Director of Pharmacy
Osmotic International LLC - Owner and Consultant
JENNIFER CLARE, BSc
CE Program Developer | Inventory & Laboratory Logistics, LP3 Network
|NEIL COHEN, BSc|
CE Program Developer, LP3 Network
PHARMACISTS & PHARMACY TECHNICIANS
This CE Activity is accredited for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through CPE Consultants, LLC.
Total CPE Credits: 3 CPE Hours = 0.3 CEUs
|Credits||3 CPE Hours = 0.3 CEUs|
|Release Date||April 1, 2023|
|Expiration Date||April 1, 2024|
- Complete the program by watching all the online playlist videos.
- Complete the learning assessment with a minimum passing score of 70%.
- Submit a completed program evaluation online.
- Please make sure to complete the program within 60 days of purchase. If this is not possible, please contact the LP3 Network Team.
When the aforementioned steps have been completed and approved:
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered in the United States will obtain a statement of completed credits on their NABP e-Profile within 60 days.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered elsewhere will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download a statement of participation.
- All participants will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download the LP3 Network certificate of completion.
|CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency.
- $495.00 USD | Individual – Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and other associated professions.
- $1495.00 USD | Pharmacy Group – Permits access to 4 individual registrants from the same pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Students benefit from reduced pricing - contact us using a valid institutional email for registration and purchase to take advantage.
- For academic or other institutions, contact us for licensing options.
PURCHASE & ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS
- Select your registration type.
- Click "ADD TO CART" and go through the checkout process to complete your purchase.
- If you purchased the "Pharmacy Group" option, click here for instructions on how to retrieve your coupon code1 and register the additional members.
- From the course page, click the "TAKE COURSE" button.
- Once inside the course, you can begin viewing the videos.
- Please make sure to complete the program within sixty (60) days of purchase. If this is not possible, please contact the LP3 Network Team. See the Accreditation tab for course completion requirements.
- Access to the course and all course materials will expire one (1) year from the original purchase date.
ACCEPTANCE OF FAIR USE
By purchasing this CE Activity, the Registrant(s) agree to use the online material according to generally accepted principles of fair use, failing which, LP3 Network shall, in its sole discretion, have the right to remove any Registrant from the CE Activity.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
There are no refunds, returns, or transfers upon purchase of this CE Activity.
1The coupon must be used within 3 months of purchase to enroll the additional members. Access to the course and all course materials will expire one year from the original purchase date for the additional members, regardless of when they enroll.