IHH Educational Program – An Integrative Approach Toward Hormonal Health
The diagnosis and treatment of hormonal conditions is multifaceted and complex. Advances in integrative and personalized approaches for hormone restoration therapy (HRT) have created great demand for continuing education and support in this area of practice. The IHH Educational Program™ – An Integrative Approach Toward Hormonal Health is an online eLearning series that addresses foundational knowledge and integrative concepts in hormonal health, which allow you to effectively identify, diagnose, and treat hormonal conditions. Through interactive video tutorials that test your knowledge at each step, the IHH Educational Program™ provides a convenient learning experience that can be taken on the go or from the comfort of your home or office. This 16 module series (over 12 hours of online education) is ideal for the healthcare provider looking to supplement and complement their HRT training.
- Module 1: Introduction to Hormonal Health
- Module 2: Overview of Hormonal Health
- Module 3: Cortisol Dysregulation
- Module 4: Thyroid Dysfunction
- Module 5: Sex Hormone Imbalances
- Module 6: The Gut-Brain Connection and its Role in Hormone Balancing
- Module 7: Candida Overgrowth and Heavy Metal Toxicity – The Hormone Connection
- Module 8: Interpretation of Diagnostic Investigations
- Module 9: Treatment Approach to Hormonal Health
- Module 10: Scientific Appraisal of Conventional and Bioidentical HRT
- Module 11: How to Prescribe BHRT
- Module 12: Case Study 1
- Module 13: Case Study 2
- Module 14: Case Study 3
- Module 15: Case Study 4
- Module 16: Final Exam
Interested in becoming an IHH Certified Practitioner™?
Completion of the IHH Educational Program™ leads to eligibility for the IHH Certified Practitioner™ initiative, which provides practitioners with a secure online network where they may access tools, resources, and support for their hormonal health practice.
For more information, please contact the Institute for Hormonal Health:
- Naturopathic Doctors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Holistic Nutritionists
1. Review the intricate, interconnected, and multifaceted nature of hormonal systems.
2. Examine the central role cortisol plays within the hormonal network and its significant impact on other biological systems.
3. Discuss functional causes of thyroid dysfunctions with emphasis on how to recognize and treat subclinical and functional hypothyroidism.
4. Review sex hormone imbalances and deficiencies; symptomatology, testing, diagnosis, and treatment approaches ranging from dietary/lifestyle modifications and herbal remedies to conventional and personalized hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
5. Evaluate the importance of gastrointestinal (GI) health, causes of GI tract dysfunction, symptomatology, functional testing, and the 4R-treatment approach (Remove, Replace, Repopulate, and Repair).
6. Assess the negative influence of candida and heavy metals on hormonal health; risk, symtomatology, diagnosis, and treatment.
7. Examine and interpret various hormone diagnostic testing; the advantages and disadvantages; special considerations; and complementary testing, including but not limited to, amino acid profiling, stool cultures, antioxidant status, heavy metal testing, among others.
8. Evaluate different treatment approaches to hormone imbalances by examining an innovative and strategic step-wise pyramid approach that minimizes interventions and effectively targets the route cause.
9. Appraise scientific evidence and investigations on the risks and benefits associated with HRT and BHRT.
10. Review recommendations and special considerations for prescribing and dosing bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
11. Through interactive case studies, interpret patient profiles, recommend testing, interpret comprehensive test results, and develop personalized and functional treatment regimens tailored to the patient’s unique profile.
The eLearning modules are best viewed on a computer or a tablet* in landscape mode.
*Note: If you are using a touchscreen tablet, we recommend using a mouse (touchscreen compatibility varies by model).
High-speed internet connectivity and an updated internet browser are required to take the eLearning module. The broadband recommended is 1 Mbps or better. The minimum browser requirements to take the module are:
- Google Chrome v39 or later
- Mozilla Firefox v34 or later
- Internet Explorer v8 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari v6 or later
|KRISTY PROUSE, MD, FRSC (OB/GYN)|
Dr. Kristy Prouse is an Associate Professor at the University of Toronto-Faculty of Medicine and has practiced OB/GYN for the last 17 years. In addition to her medical degree, Dr. Prouse has a Bachelor degree in Psychology, a B.Sc. in Genetics and Cell Biology, and training in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine. Dr. Prouse is a medical advisor for In-Common Laboratories and sits on the Editorial Review Board for the journal of “Integrative Healthcare Practitioner”.
In 2011, Dr. Prouse’s passion for integrative medicine and hormonal health led her to establish the Institute for Hormonal Health. The Institute for Hormonal Health is an integrative and holistic practice with a team of multidisciplinary practitioners, specializing in hormonal therapy. Stemming from the success of the Institute for Hormonal Health, Dr. Prouse has since created the I-HHeLP Initiative – an online community of integrative healthcare practitioners that permits secure communication and access to online resources and tools. As part of the I-HHeLP initiative, Dr. Prouse has developed a series on online eLearning modules that provide a comprehensive approach toward identifying, diagnosing, and treating hormonal conditions through on-line interactive video tutorials.
This program is accredited for members of the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO)
Total: 12.5 Category A Credits (O.5 IVIT; 4.5 Pharmacology)
- Complete the activity in full, including the final exam.
- Once completed and approved, participants will be sent an email from LP3 Network in approximately 10 days to access their Category A Credit certificate online. It is the participant’s responsibility to submit the certificate to CONO to claim credits.
There are no refunds, returns, or transfers upon purchase of the eLearning Modules.