MEDISCA Australia | Non Sterile Technician Training | 22 and 24 Oct 2021
The Practice-based activity will provide compounding technicians with the competency to prepare current and viable pharmacotherapeutic non-sterile dosage forms. Unique concepts will be taught facilitating a superior level of knowledge and understanding of the significance and importance of pharmacy compounding.
A significant emphasis will be placed on quality assurance and quality control as it relates to the preparation of compounded dosage-forms, pharmaceutical calculations and the validation of preparatory procedures that are a part of Master Formulation Records. Practical techniques and technology-related applications are developed through hands-on experience in a compounding laboratory environment where technicians will be trained in all aspects of non-sterile preparatory procedures.
Technicians with professional interest in performing pharmacy compounding.
OVERALL LEARNING OBJECTIVES OF SELF-STUDY ACTIVITY
1. Describe non-sterile compounding-related Australian and USP guidelines and related standards of practice.
2. Identify excipients and their functions in non-sterile dosage form-related delivery systems.
3. Explain process validation techniques related to specific dosage-forms.
4. Demonstrate pharmaceutical calculations related to specific dosage-forms and preparatory procedures.
5. Identify laboratory practices, procedures and preparatory techniques related to compounded dosage-forms.
6. Summarize a broad range of non-sterile preparatory procedures representing commonly compounded dosage-forms.
OVERALL LEARNING OBJECTIVES OF LIVE ACTIVITY
1. Apply Australian and USP regulatory guidlines and Professional Practice Standards (Australia) to measurable compounding-related performance.
2. Perform process validation techniques related to specific dosage-forms.
3. Perform pharmaceutical calculations related to specific dosage-forms and preparatory procedures.
4. Prepare a broad range of non-sterile preparations representing commonly compounded dosage-forms; capsules, troches, ointments, creams, lotions, gels and suppositories.
This learning activity has received financial support from MEDISCA Inc. in the form of an educational grant.
Activity material is Copyright© 2003-2021 LP3 Network Inc.
Registration and Sign-in:
7:40am - 8:00am
8:00am - 5:00pm
Activity participants are required to achieve a 75% passing grade associated with a self-study learning assessment prior to attending the live event. Full attendance and the completion of an activity evaluation and practical skill set competency evaluation are a compulsory requirement to receive certificate.
The training will take place at the MEDISCA Australia Facility.
PATRICIA ULLMANN, B. Pharm
Training and Technical Services Manager, MEDISCA Australia.
Note: Facilitators are subject to change.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
In the event that MEDISCA Australia cancels a course, MEDISCA Australia’s sole liability shall be course repayment. In no event shall MEDISCA Australia be responsible for any costs arising from such cancellation, including but not limited to travel and/or accommodation.In the event a Registrant cancels their enrollment in a CPD Activity, a written request must be sent to MEDISCA Australia requesting ‘Cancellation without Transfer’ to an alternate live CPD Activity event date. If cancellation occurs at greater than or equal to 31 days from live activity event date, then registrant will receive a 75% refund; 15-30 days a 50% refund; and less than or equal to 14 days no refund. MEDISCA Australia shall be excused from any delay caused by reason of any occurrence or contingency beyond its reasonable control (a “Force Majeure”), including but not limited to, acts of God, hurricane, earthquake, labour disputes, strikes, riots, war, and governmental requirements. The obligation to pay money to MEDISCA Australia in a timely manner is absolute and shall not be subject to this Force Majeure provision. In such event, MEDISCA Australia will not issue any refunds, only transfer to an alternate live activity event date.This cancellation and refund policy is specific to courses offered in Australia. To obtain information on the cancellation and refund policy for courses offered outside of Australia, please speak to a MEDISCA Australia representative or refer to your course-specific registration page.
TRANSFER POLICY – AUSTRALIA COURSES ONLY
This transfer policy is only applicable to courses that are offered in Australia. Transfer policy is only in effect if requested greater than or equal to 14 days prior to the original live activity event date. Failure to submit “Transfer Request” at least 14 days prior to original live activity event date will default to “Cancellation and Refund Policy”. Transfer policy can only apply one (1) time. Transfer to a new live event date must be within current calendar year. Failure to attend the new live activity event will lead to no refund and will no longer be transferable. Confirmation of new activity date is subject to the approval by MEDISCA Australia based on the number of available seats within the selected live activity event.