Labs Online: Non-Sterile Compounding Training (Internal)
Pause. Rewind. Repeat. Labs Online is a convenient, self-paced, audiovisual experience you will want to get your hands on. Wherever you are across the globe – Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Educator, Pharmacy Student – Labs Online offers an innovative, cost-effective, and convenient way to learn the step-by-step processes for non-sterile compounding. With over 25 videos (5 to 10 minutes each), Labs Online walks you through essential non-sterile compounding techniques, everything from donning PPE, to setting up your workstation, to mixing, to the use of various technologies, to quality control and much, much more. After mastering these essential skills, Labs Online provides the a-to-z in preparing 8 common non-sterile dosage forms – suppositories, troches, rapid dissolve tablets, capsules, creams, gels, PLOs, and oral liquids.
ACPE-accredited for your continuing education credit requirements and brought to you by global leader in continuing healthcare education, Labs Online meets and exceeds standard of practice. Perfectly paired with hands-on training, labs online will bring your compounding skillset to new heights! What’s even more – these videos are available to you for up to 1 year after purchase, serving as the perfect resource to continually refine your skills.
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Educators
- Pharmacy Students
- Translate audiovisual learning into demonstrated techniques in compounding
- Relate a technique to its impact on qualitative and quantitative assessment outcomes
- Select and assemble techniques into an appropriate order of operation for a dosage form
- Prepare various solid, semisolid and liquid dosage forms
It has been demonstrated through scientific study that visual observation interspersed with practice, as compared to visual observation alone, results in a higher level of learning of motor skills and longer retention. We strongly encourage program participants with access to a compounding facility, to combine observational learning from the videos with hands-on practice sessions.1
|Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, and Opera|
|Mobile||Apple iPhones and iPads iOS 6+, Android phones and tablets 4.1+|
Earbuds/headphones or built-in/external speakers
This learning activity has received financial support from MEDISCA Inc. in the form of an educational grant.
This CE Activity is Copyright © 2021 LP3 Network.
1Larsson, BC, Ho, DK, Kraeutner, SN and Hodges, NJ (2021) Combining Observation and Physical Practice: Benefits of an Interleaved Schedule for Visuomotor Adaptation and Motor Memory Consolidation. Front. Hum. Neurosci. 15:614452. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2021.614452
Labs Online Playlist
- Welcome to Labs Online
- Techniques – Introduction
- Techniques – Donning and Doffing Personal Protective Equipment
- Techniques – Donning and Doffing Hazardous Personal Protective Equipment
- Techniques – Workstation Sanitization
- Techniques – Electronic Balance Operations
- Techniques – Weighing Solids and Semisolids
- Techniques – Measuring Liquids
- Techniques – Sieving Powders for Blends and Suspensions
- Techniques – Sieving Powders for Separation
- Techniques – Trituration
- Techniques – Levigation
- Techniques – Using a Spatula
- Techniques – Heating and Melting
- Techniques – Mixing Options for Powders
- Techniques – Mixing Options for Semisolids
- Techniques – Mixing Options for Liquids
- Techniques – Operating an Ointment Mill
- Techniques – pH Testing
- Dosage Forms – Introduction
- Dosage Forms – Suppositories
- Dosage Forms – Troches
- Dosage Forms – Rapid Dissolve Tablets
- Dosage Forms – Capsules
- Dosage Forms – Creams
- Dosage Forms – Gels
- Dosage Forms – Pluronic Lecithin Organogel
- Dosage Forms – Oral Liquids
- Learning Assessment Instructions & Closing Remarks
MINDY CORMIER, PharmD, RPh
Dr. Cormier is a pharmacist with over 20 years of diverse pharmacy field experience, which includes pharmacy operations/management and community pharmacy compounding of both non-sterile and sterile preparations. Currently, Dr. Cormier is an Advanced Clinical and Formulation Pharmacist at Medisca Network where she is responsible for approving customized non-sterile and sterile compounding formula requests and consults with pharmacists and prescribers across the globe. Additionally, she consults with LP3 Network in the development of various ACPE-accredited programs and supervises the maintenance and operation of LP3 Network’s sterile and non-sterile courses at the University of South California. Dr. Cormier provides clinical research support and subject-matter expertise to various pharmaceutical companies and is well versed in United States and Canadian pharmacy regulations.
JENNIFER CLARE, BSc
CE Program Developer | Inventory & Laboratory Logistics, LP3 Network
|NEIL COHEN, BSc|
CE Program Developer, LP3 Network
Neil graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from Concordia University in 1985, and has since worked alongside medical and allied health professionals in the fields of rehabilitation and workers’ compensation medical services. Serving the compounding pharmacy community for the past 15 years, Neil is responsible for the development, design, and implementation of LP3 Network’s training programs.
In his free time, Neil’s special interests include photography and astronomy.
PHARMACISTS & PHARMACY TECHNICIANS
This CE Activity is accredited for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through CPE Consultants, LLC.
Total CPE Credits: 4 CPE Hours = 0.4 CEUs
|Credits||4 CPE Hours = 0.4 CEUs|
|Release Date||July 19, 2021|
|Expiration Date||July 19, 2024|
- Complete the program by watching all the online playlist videos.
- Complete the learning assessment with a minimum passing score of 70%.
- Submit a completed program evaluation online.
- Please make sure to complete the program within 60 days of purchase. If this is not possible, please contact the LP3 Network Team.
When the aforementioned steps have been completed and approved:
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered in the United States will obtain a statement of completed credits on their NABP e-Profile within 60 days.
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians registered elsewhere will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download a statement of participation.
- All participants will receive an automated email from LP3 Network advising that they can download the LP3 Network certificate of completion.
|CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency.