Personalized Hormone Restoration Therapy: Advanced Clinical Practice
Extending on foundational concepts taught in LP3 Network’s two-day seminar “Personalized Hormone Restoration Therapy: The Fundamentals”, this course aims to delve even further into the clinical application and practice of personalized hormone restoration therapy. In this clinically based course, participants will be presented eight case studies that cover complex and unique hormone-related conditions and abnormalities, including:
- Estrogen metabolism issues
- End-stage adrenal dysfunction
- Gastrointestinal dysfunctions
- Food allergies
- Estrogen dominance
- Male hormone imbalance
For each case, participants will be asked to work through comprehensive and actual patient data, including, detailed symptom assessments, patient and family history, current and past interventions, hormone evaluations, methylation profiles, genetic testing, allergy panels, nutritional evaluations, and gastrointestinal profiles among more. Patient data will also be presented over a timeline with repeat follow-ups, creating a real-life scenario for the healthcare provider to effectively and practically learn from. Participants will be encouraged to take an evidence-based approach by applying current clinical and peer-reviewed research to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of the hormonal abnormality. Through case studies and clinical evidence, participants will gain a strong appreciation for the therapeutic benefit of hormone restoration.
With Dr. Tara D. Scott, MD, FACOG, FAAFM, ABOIM, NCMP as facilitator and subject-matter expert, participants will gain unparalleled expert advice in the niche field of personalized hormone restoration therapy. By having attended LP3 Network’s two-day prerequisite seminar, participants will already have the foundational knowledge and tools required to work through these cases, meaning for nearly exclusive time spent on practical case assessments. This interactive program will allow healthcare providers the unique opportunity to collaborate to produce patient-centered treatment regimens that take into consideration patient-specific needs, evidence-based medicine, and therapeutic treatment options (e.g., dosage strength adjustment, alternate dosage form, unique drug combinations, etc.). Through group discussions, participants will further their competency and proficiency in hormone restoration therapy and develop the skills and knowledge needed to optimize therapeutic outcomes.
Pharmacists, Physicians, Naturopathic Doctors, and other healthcare providers engaged in hormone restoration therapy.
- Apply a functional and systems-oriented approach to assess causation of hormone abnormalities.
- Interpret comprehensive patient data including symptom reviews, medical history, past and current interventions, patient monitoring and follow-ups, and biological assays (e.g., salivary and urinary hormone evaluations, methylation and genetic profiles, nutritional evaluations, and gastrointestinal assays among others) to appropriately diagnose and evaluate the root-cause of the hormone condition.
- Utilize and apply fundamental concepts in endocrine physiology and pathology.
- Evaluate patient cases that cover complex hormone-related abnormalities, including issues with estrogen metabolism, end-stage adrenal dysfunctions, disruptions in enteroendocrine signaling and gastrointestinal functions, menopause, anxiety, food allergies, and male hormone imbalances.
- Formulate personalized treatment regimens tailored to patient-specific needs and hormonal condition.
- Integrate principles of pharmaceutical compounding to optimize and customize pharmacotherapy.
PHYSICIANS & NATUROPATHIC DOCTORS
- Review current and scientific evidence that discusses implications of estrogen metabolism, gastrointestinal dysfunction, gut-brain connection, and food allergies on hormonal health.
- Apply evidence-based medical approaches in the identification, diagnosis, and treatment of complex hormonal conditions.
- Interpret comprehensive patient data including symptom reviews, medical history, past and current interventions, patient monitoring and follow-ups, and biological assays (e.g., hormone evaluations, methylation and genetic profiled, nutritional evaluations, and gastrointestinal assays, among others) to appropriately diagnose and evaluate the root cause of the hormone condition.
This learning activity has received financial support from MEDISCA Inc. in the form of an educational grant.
The live activity workbook is copyright © 2017 LP3 Network.
|TARA D. SCOTT, MD, FACOG, FAAFM, ABOIM, NCMP|
Facilitator, LP3 Network; Fellow of American College of OB/GYN; Advanced Fellow and certified in Anti-aging, Regenerative, and Functional Medicine; Board Certified, American Board of Integrative Medicine, Certified Menopause Practitioner, North American Menopause Society; Clinical Associate Professor of OB/GYN, Northeast Ohio Medical University; Chief Medical Officer, Revitalize Medical Group; Medical Director of Integrative Medicine, Summa Health Systems
Dr. Tara Scott graduated from Northeast Ohio University College of Medicine and completed her residency with Summa Health Systems at Akron City Hospital in Ohio. She recently retired from OB/GYN after almost 20 years to focus on functional and integrative medicine. She is a Clinical Associate Professor at Northeast Ohio Medical University, where she teaches residents and is involved in clinical research.
Dr. Scott is a certified menopause practitioner with the North American Menopause Society and a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She first became involved with hormone and integrative medicine while practicing as an OB/GYN. Her empathy for patients experiencing hormone-related issues led her to become trained as an advanced fellow and certified by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. The evidence-based practices she employed helped many patients conquer chronic wellness issues. She then started Revitalize Medical Group, where she serves as the Chief Medical Officer. In 2016, she obtained an additional board certification in Integrative Medicine. Recently, Dr. Scott was appointed as Medical Director for Summa Health in Akron, Ohio, where she will develop and run an Integrative Medicine program. Dr. Scott is passionate about educating the medical community on the advances in evidence-based hormone therapy. She lectures around the community to raise awareness about wellness and hormone balance.
|SHANNON BELLEVUE, BSc, MSc|
Medical Editor Team Lead
For members of the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO)
7.5 Category A Credits (3.5 Pharmacology)
1. Attend the live activity in full and demonstrate satisfactory participation.
2. Submit a completed live activity evaluation online.
3. Participants will be sent an email approximately 10 days after the course to access their Category A Credits certificate online. It is the participant’s responsibility to submit the certificate to CONO to report credits.
Total CPE Credits: 8 CPE hours = 0.8 CEUs
Joint Providership Status (CPE Consultants, LLC / LP3 Network)
Activity Type: Application-based
UAN: 0864-9999-18-116-L01-P for pharmacists
Release date: January 26, 2019
Expiration date: January 26, 2022
To receive CPE credits for the live component, participants must demonstrate full and satisfactory participation, and submit a completed evaluation.
|CPE Consultants, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
International participants should verify with their respective governing board for accreditation equivalency
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
In the event that LP3 Network cancels a course, LP3 Network's sole liability shall be course repayment. In no event shall LP3 Network be responsible for any costs related to travel and/or accommodation. A written request must be sent to LP3 Network Inc. requesting ‘Cancellation without Transfer’ to an alternate live activity event date. If cancellation occurs at greater than or equal to 31 days from live activity event date, then registrant will receive a 75% refund; 15-30 days a 50% refund; and less than or equal to 14 days no refund. There are no refunds, returns, or transfer requests upon purchase of a home study, digital work book, webinar, and eLearning modules. LP3 NETWORK INC. shall be excused from any delay caused by reason of any occurrence or contingency beyond its reasonable control (a “Force Majeure”), including but not limited to, acts of God, hurricane, earthquake, labour disputes, strikes, riots, war, and governmental requirements. The obligation to pay money to LP3 NETWORK INC. in a timely manner is absolute and shall not be subject to this Force Majeure provision. In such event, LP3 NETWORK INC. will not issue any refunds, only transfer to an alternate live activity event date.
The transfer policy is only in effect if requested greater than or equal to 14 days prior to the original live activity date. Failure to submit the “Transfer Request” at least 14 days prior to the original live activity date will default to the “Cancellation and Refund Policy”. The transfer policy can only be applied one (1) time. Transfer to a new live activity date must be within the current calendar year. Failure to attend the new live activity will result in no refund and will no longer be transferable. Confirmation of the new activity date is subject to approval by LP3 Network based on the number of available seats within the selected live activity. There are no refunds, returns, or transfers upon purchase of the home study.